Welcome to CountyCare, Aetna Better Health (ABH) Providers!
We are excited to have you as part of our network, and we look forward to working with you to provide quality care for our CountyCare members.
Our #1 goal is the seamless transition of members to CountyCare as their new health plan. To that end, CountyCare has agreed to accept assignment of Aetna Better Health provider contracts, including specialists and ancillary providers. We hope to maintain, wherever possible, the PCP-member relationship to ensure consistency of services and member experience.
- Assignment of Contracts: As of January 1, 2018, your current ABH contract will be a CountyCare contract. It is important that you let all of your staff know that you accept CountyCare members. This will help ease the transition for your members from ABH to CountyCare.
- Medical Group Providers: If you are part of a group practice or IPA, your group contract has been assigned from ABH to CountyCare and will be active January 1, 2018. Please contact your group administrator or manager if you have questions about your new CountyCare contract.
- Current CountyCare Providers: Your ABH members will be transitioned to CountyCare under the terms of your agreement with CountyCare.
- Contracting Questions: Email CountyCareContracting@cookcountyhhs.org
- Fee-for-Service Compensation: CountyCare will assume assignment of the fee-for-service compensation portion of the participation agreement for dates of service starting January 1, 2018.
- PCP Member Panels: Your current ABH members will be transferred to CountyCare on January 1, 2018. There should be no interruption to the existing PCP-member relationships.
- Prior Authorizations: CountyCare will honor all current referrals and prior authorizations until March 31, 2018. If you would like to request Continuity of Care beyond 90 days, please call 312-864-8200 711 TTD/TTY Option 4.
- Credentialing: If you are registered and active in the State of Illinois IMPACT system, CountyCare considers you a credentialed provider and you do not need to submit documentation.
- Provider Rosters: Rosters are being transferred from ABH and will be active January 1, 2018.
- Claims: All claims for member dates of services beginning January 1, 2018 and after should be sent electronically to CountyCare’s Payor ID: 06541. Paper claims submissions should be sent to CountyCare CLAIMS, PO Box 3727, Corpus Christi, TX 78463.
- Pre 1/1/18 Claims: Please direct all pre-1/1/2018 claim inquires to Aetna Provider Services at 866-212-2851.