CountyCare Vision Benefits
CountyCare offers vision benefits to all our members. We have a large network of providers and offer free exams. You also have a choice between glasses and contacts lenses. With CountyCare, you get:
- One eye exam from our network of optometrists and ophthalmologists every year.
- Your choice from our standard selection of frames; or you can choose a $100 allowance toward the retail value of frames. If the frames cost more than $100, you are responsible to pay for the difference in price. You are eligible for new glasses every 2 years.
- If certain prescription requirements are met, single vision and bifocal lenses for your glasses are fully covered.
- You can choose contact lenses instead of eye glasses. The fitting fee is fully covered, and you get a $100 allowance toward the cost of your contact lenses. If the cost of your contact lenses is above $100, you are responsible to pay for the difference in price. You are eligible for the contact lens benefit every 2 years.
Finding Your Eye Doctor
You must use an in-network vision provider. To find a vision provider, click here or call CountyCare Member Services at 312-864-8200 / 855-444-1661 (toll-free) / 711 (TDD/TTY). .
Vision for Kids
When you take your child to their pediatrician for a routine check-up, the doctor or nurse will test their vision. If you or your child’s doctor have any concerns about your child’s vision you can take them to an eye doctor. Children receive the same vision benefits as adults.
Extra Vision Benefits and Rewards for CountyCare Members
- Eye Exams for Diabetics - When a member with diabetes goes for their annual eye exam with a CountyCare eye care professional, CountyCare will add $25 to their Rewards Card. Click here to learn more about CountyCare rewards.
- Free LASIK Eye Surgery - Members between the ages of 21 and 50 who meet the qualifications can receive LASIK eye surgery at no cost to them. Click here for more information about free LASIK surgery for CountyCare members.
QUESTIONS ABOUT VISION BENEFITS?
Call us at 312-864-8200 (option 4, option 4)
Our call center is open Monday–Friday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central Time) and Saturday: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM