New Benefits for CountyCare Members!
CountyCare continues to add new, FREE benefits for our members. These can help you and your family stay healthy. New benefits can be found on this page. Check back here to learn more about new benefits CountyCare is offering!
We have great news for our CountyCare families. CountyCare now provides free diapers to children under two that are up to date on their shots. Children need shots to prevent disease and stay healthy. This is especially the case during the first two years of life.
Here’s how to get your FREE diapers:
- When your baby is on schedule for shots, CountyCare mails you a coupon for a Jewel-Osco Baby Basics Jumbo Pack of diapers each month.
- The coupon can be used at any Jewel-Osco location in the Chicagoland area. The cashier will verify your coupon when you check out.
- To help you stay up to date, the coupon will also include a schedule so you know which shots your child needs as they grow.
- The best way to stay up-to-date on shots is to have regular well-child visits with your baby’s doctor.
All CountyCare families with a child under two will automatically receive a coupon for free diapers. You DO NOT need to register. We mail the coupon monthly when your baby’s shots are up to date. Coupons will be mailed starting in late September.
To get your monthly diapers coupon, we must have your correct address. If you have recently moved, call Member Services at 312-864-8200 to confirm we have your updated information.
County Care members may now be eligible for LASIK surgery at no cost. CountyCare is the first and only Medicaid plan in Illinois that covers LASIK surgery.
What is LASIK surgery?
LASIK is a surgical procedure that is used to correct vision problems by re-shaping the corneas. It can be effective in fixing your vision for distance and astigmatism. It may not be as effective for correcting your vision seeing things near or close up. After surgery, you may no longer need contacts or glasses.
You will go through an eye exam and a refractive exam to determine if you are a candidate. Only a trained eye care doctor can tell you if you are a candidate for LASIK surgery. You must also be a CountyCare member the day of surgery to be covered.
Patients who might be eligible:
- Are 21 to 50 years old
- In good general health
- Have no health issues affecting eyes
- Have no active eye conditions which may affect healing
- Have a stable vision prescription for at least one year
- Do not have severe dry eye or advanced glaucoma
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Do not have uncontrolled diabetes
Is LASIK surgery right for you?
While LASIK has been shown to be safe and effective, there can be complications or side effects. Make sure to discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor
Interested? Here’s what to do:
- Print the LASIK evaluation form from the CountyCare website or call CountyCare member services as 312-864-8200 to have the form sent to you.
- Make an appointment for a general eye exam with an eye doctor who is in the CountyCare network. Find a CountyCare eye doctor here. Be sure to fill out all of your information on the LASIK evaluation form and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If no issues come up on your first eye exam, you will be contacted to schedule a Refractive Eye exam. This is a pre-surgery exam to determine if LASIK is right for you.
- If you are determined to be eligible your LASIK surgery will be scheduled within 30 days of your exam.