Keeping Your Coverage
To keep your Medicaid coverage, the state needs to review your information each year. If you also receive SNAP benefits, the review is done every six months. This process is called redetermination (REDE). Play the video below or scroll down to learn more about REDE.
You should receive a letter in the mail from the state with REDE information and instructions about 45 days before your health coverage expires.
You may need to complete and return a short form to confirm that you are eligible for Medicaid or SNAP benefits. There are a few ways you can return your form.
- Online: go to the Application for Benefits Eligibility(ABE) and click on “Manage my Case”
- Fax: send the form by fax to 1-844-736-3563
- Mail: send the forms to P.O Box 19138, Springfield, IL 62763
The ABE website contains information about Medicaid, SNAP and other assistance programs. You can use ABE to apply for programs, submit REDE forms and check the status of your application or renewal.
If you have any questions about the REDE process or the ABE website, we can help.
- Call: Call the CountyCare REDE Hotline at 312-864-REDE(7333)
- In Person: Attend a REDE Event for in person help. Click here to see the list of our upcoming REDE events.