Your Health Care Team
We are committed to your health and wellness, and we have an entire team ready to help.
Your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
Your PCP is your main health provider. The best way for you to stay healthy is to form a good relationship with your PCP. Women can choose a women’s healthcare provider and a PCP. To make an appointment, call your PCP’s office and tell them you are a CountyCare Member.
Your Care Manager
As a CountyCare Member, you get Care Coordination support if you need it. Care Coordination helps you with medical, behavioral health and support services to keep you healthy. Your Care Manager helps connect you with services. Click here to find your Care Coordinator.
Behavioral Health Services
CountyCare Members can access covered Behavioral Health Services through the Behavioral Health Consortium. The Consortium is a group of mental health and substance abuse providers with locations throughout Chicago and suburban Cook County. To reach the Consortium call CountyCare at 312-864-8200 and select 4 for member options, and then 1 for behavioral health.
If you do and cannot reach your PCP by phone or by having them paged after hours, please call our nurse advice line at 312-864-8200 / 855-444-1661 (toll-free) / 711 (TDD/TTY). Here’s what the nurse advice line can give you:
- Over-the-phone medical advice from registered nurses
- Around-the-clock help – The line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Help deciding where to go for care
Common nurse line health topics:
- Advice on minor injuries
- Questions about glucose and insulin
- Ways to address pressure sores and open wounds
- Ways to deal with asthma
- Information about medicine doses
- Information about headaches
- Answers to questions about pregnancy and baby issues
- And more!