Medicaid is Changing Jan. 1, 2018.
You may have heard about Medicaid changes that start Jan. 1, 2018. Despite the changes, a lot will remain the same, including the benefits and health coverage you have come to expect.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Illinois’ Medicaid program has changed its name. It is now called HealthChoice Illinois.
- CountyCare member's coverage will not be affected. You will still receive the same great benefits you always have along with some new extra benefits.
- There are fewer health plans available in Cook County. So, if you have been assigned to CountyCare from a different plan, that means your old plan is no longer available.
- HealthChoice Illinois will work the way Medicaid has in the past:
- First, enroll in Medicaid
- Then choose your health plan
- Keep your coverage through annual redetermination and open enrollment periods
If you are new to CountyCare, welcome! Our goal is to make your move to CountyCare as easy as possible.
Questions? We are here to help. Call 312-864-8200 / 855-444-1661 (toll-free) / 711 (TDD/TTY).