CountyCare has a full behavioral health network that provides services for mental health and substance use disorders.
Behavioral Health Consortium
CountyCare is proud to offer its members streamlined access to behavioral health care services throughout Cook County.
The Behavioral Health Consortium (BHC) is a group of providers who have a single intake with live representatives who can schedule behavioral health care services at any of the Consortium agencies. Consortium agencies are committed to providing intake appointments within seven days for all requests, two days for urgent needs. Intake staff are bilingual (Spanish) and many of the Consortium’s services are available in Spanish as well. Providers and care coordinators are encouraged to call CountyCare directly to reach any of the 12 Consortium agencies and to refer members. Here’s how:
Call CountyCare at 844-433-8793
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral health services that are covered by CountyCare include:
- Mental health assessments
- Substance use assessments
- Medication monitoring and management
- Medication substance use disorder treatment
- Case management
- Medical and non-medical detoxification services
- Residential rehabilitation programs
- Intensive, family, individual, group counseling and treatment
- Intensive outpatient & partial hospitalization programs
- Assertive community treatment (ACT) and community support teams (CST)
- Inpatient care
CountyCare has a comprehensive model for medical and behavioral provider services, utilization management and claims, all services are accessible through the CountyCare provider portal, or by contacting 312-864-8200.
A complete list of in-network behavioral health providers can be downloaded by visiting this link: www.countycare.com/find-a-provider.